When it comes to grand occasions, a suit is the best clothing that men can wear. From cotton to wool and casual to formal, suits are elegant and wearable to all kinds of events. It does not require spending a lot of money to look great because inexpensive brands and quality stores sell suits, like the oxford shop mens suits. Besides, high fashion designs are already accessible in the market for an average man.
A suit must be timeless and not seasonal, so purchasing one can last for years and decades. If you are planning to buy a suit with a limited budget, there are some things that you need to consider. Below are the essential tips that will guide you in finding the right one.
- Research. Buying a new suit does not start in the stores because it begins with your imagination. When you have a style in mind, research about it, as well as different designs that you are interested in. Picture the suit on your mind and check if it is suitable for various events. Some colours are suitable for different occasions, but the standard colours are grey, blue, black, and brown.
- Set a budget. If this is your first suit purchase, you can allocate a bigger budget because you want it to last for years. The price range for suits is around $200 to $2000, depending on your preference and quality. It will help you avoid overspending and spend within your specific budget. It saves you time and money in finding a suit because you will only look for suits that meet your account.
- Pay attention to the size. When the suit is too big for your body, you will look small and unpresentable. On the other hand, when it is too small, you cannot move comfortably with limited actions. That is why you should look for stores with a professional tailor like oxford shop mens suit because you can guarantee its perfect size matches your body proportion. Remember to avoid buying suits that do not fit you unless it is adjustable.
- Select the fabric. If you have enough money, choose a 100% wool suit because it is high-quality and it is an expensive material that lasts for a long time. You can also select blends with 70% or 50% wool. It is not a bad option, and it saves you a lot of money. However, these are lower-end suits, so do not expect as much durability as 100% wool.
- Check the functionality. Many men buy suits without considering their functionality in the long run. Do not purchase suits with unique patterns that you can only wear once on a special occasion. You want to have a timeless suit that you can wear for years and not merely a fashion trend that will be out of style in the succeeding years. Choose a suit with two buttons and a notch lapel on trusted stores like oxford shop mens suit because it is a classic look that will make you look taller. Avoid buying one, four, and five buttons because these are less formal.
Now that you understand the tips for buying a suit, you are sure that you will find the right one for you and you will avoid mistakes on purchase. Moreover, you should know the colour of shoes to wear that matches your suit to achieve the perfect look.