Do you have a strong relationship with a recruitment firm? If not – why not? Working with an employment agency will definitely increase your chances of sourcing quality talent for your organisation in a more efficient and effective way. Here are the 5 main reasons why:
1. In today’s market sourcing quality talent is a never ending task. It’s not about placing a reactive ad and crossing your fingers. It’s about building long term relationships with active and passive candidate markets which takes time and resources, it’s about market expertise, trusted networks, advanced technology, investment in marketing etc. etc. Does your organisation truly have the resources to do this as well as they need to? What is the cost of a bad hire to your company? A specialised recruitment agency has the time, money, resources and technology and will often charge a fee only if a placement is made. Why not extend your own networks through a trusted employment agency?
2. Particularly with office support recruitment, many high quality candidates work exclusively with an employment agency. Often passive seekers (the best in our view!) take advice from a specialised recruitment agency that have a well developed knowledge of their preferences and which organisations to brief them on. Not working with an employment agency? You are missing out on this type of invaluable hidden talent.
3. The ability to look outside the square! Often internal recruiters work with tunnel vision, only considering the same type of candidate, utilising the same selection criteria over and over again. Working with a recruitment firm, you will find that they have specialised knowledge in relation to candidates that have strong transferable skills. Often these people turn out to be the best employees – fresh and motivated to achieve in a new role / industry but still highly skilled and capable. A specialised recruitment agency will also have great insight into what your competitors are up to!
4. A partner to help promote your culture and brand! Often it is advantageous to advertise or approach passive candidates with your industry or brand remaining confidential. A recruitment firm can do this on your behalf whilst acting as your personal corporate cheerleader, sharing with candidates why your organisation and role stands out amongst the crowd. Collaborating with a specialised recruitment agency and showing them why your company is a great place to work will definitely increase your chances of having better quality talent presented to you more efficiently when you need it.
5. Guarantee periods provide security. No matter how well someone presents at interview, how strong their previous experience is or how glowing their references are – every new hire is a risk. How well that person integrates within your company culture and performs in the role is an unknown, even with the best support from management and thorough onboarding processes in place. Working with a recruitment agency you will receive a guarantee that your role will be replaced within a specified time if the person does not work out. This provides exceptional peace of mind, that a professional recruitment firm will support you through the process of replacing the role as efficiently as possible, minimizing further disruption to the business.
MJD Executive are a specialist office support recruitment firm, well regarded for providing truly consultative advice and service, with unrivalled networks of quality talent from Receptionists through to Senior level Executive Assistants. Please contact us on 02 8042 1840 for a chat with any queries you may have relative to recruitment support.