Choosing accommodation is a big task until you get the right agent. If your goal is to study at an overseas university then it is the right time to plan for accommodation. You should check various websites offering budget-friendly accommodation and compare with other websites to choose the best for yourself. There are various accommodation options available for the students like studio, en-suite, on-campus accommodation, etc Students can choose depending on their needs and wants.
So, here are various tips for the students that they should keep in mind when choosing the best accommodation-
1. Plan early- Do not wait for the right time to come and then start searching for accommodation. The moment you clear your exam and get admission in the college from that time only you should start searching for the best affordable accommodation. You can hire an agent or simply book dual occupancy studio from a renowned website with ease. Be aware of frauds and choose the accommodation for about 2-3 months before starting college. During that time you can avail of great discounts and deals. Therefore, early planning is a must because once the college starts, the student will not get enough time to look foraccommodation.
2. Set your budget- The other tip that students should pay due attention to is the cost of accommodation. If the student has specified their budget, then they should stick to that no matter what because there are different costs that a person should consider. Apart from the cost of living, the student should take care of academics, traveling, and leisure costs. The right balance is needed between every set of things.
3. Location- When deciding on accommodation, the student should prefer near the campus accommodation. It will help to save on the cost of transportation. Moreover, they can access the college\university, library with ease at any time. The other benefit of near the campus accommodation is a student can never be late for attending the classes.
4. Amenities offered- Students should look for amenities too in an accommodation i.e. whether they are being provided with WiFi accessibility, TV lounge, common spaces, outdoor terrace, etc. Apart from these, there are other facilities too but to avail for those prices may vary. Before, finalizing a studio, students should look for all facilities.
5. Security measures- Safety is the ultimate concern for the students especially those residing in another country. Students look for a safe and comfortable place where they can leave their apartment freely without thinking twice. Nowadays, most accommodation provides safety measures like CCTV recording, biometric tool, digital card keys, etc. The student chooses the one with better security measures.
6. Furnishing- Furnishing depends on the budget. If you are ready to spend a high amount on accommodation to feel luxury life at home, then you can choose the apartment with furnished rooms while if you run low on budget and wants to save a penny, then you will not be offered furnished rooms. Therefore, look at your needs before booking accommodation.
7. Quiet environment- Environment plays a vital role in choosing accommodation. After attending the classes you must look for a calm place where you can sit and relax. Therefore, when looking foraccommodation choose the one where no one can disturb you. The pleasing environment, where sun lightning falls directly in your room is what you should look for in shared en-suite.
8. Approachable staff- Around 80% of students believe that the staff at the accommodation needs to be friendly and approachable. The team at the accommodation should help the student in shifting their luggage or in any other work and make them happy. When choosing an accommodation students should have words with the staff in knowing what all is included or excluded in the package. Be aware the staff does not charge you any hidden cost at you arrival.
9. Online reviews- Before making your mind, open the accommodation website and read the comment section for the reviews posted by the students. It will give you a brief idea about the accommodation to invest in or not. The honest reviews can also help in your decision-making and worth spreading to your fellow mates.
10. Design- The design of the accommodation is as important as the location when choosing a perfect accommodation for the students. The design may involve light and space. The accommodation should be located in places where a student can have proper sunshine and greenery around. The design of accommodation should be enthralling that could make the student feel capture the moment and remember for life.
11. Type of rooms- Students are provided with plenty of options. They can choose the one according to their comfort. If they are an introvert type of personality and do not like to share their rooms with someone then they can opt for private halls of residences, whereas the other option is en-suite rooms. The benefit of living together can save on their expenses as a student can make an equal installment for living in accommodation.
12. Know the cancellation policy- It is better to book accommodation for about 2-3 months from joining the university. But sometimes there are certain inevitable circumstances happen on the time that make the people helpless. Therefore, the student should know the cancellation or refund policy of the accommodation. Some accommodation comprises and agrees on a certain payment while some refund the whole. It is vital to look upon their terms and conditions of different accommodation.
13. Look for the trusted organization- Instead of focusing on cheap accommodation that does not involve any furnishing rooms, look for the renowned and trusted accommodation for your stay that guarantees your safety. Nothing is better than the safety and this could get from the trusted organization.
Choosing accommodation in another country can be daunting for some, but now you can even book online as per your convenience. The list of student apartments are many where a student can even read reviews, the comment section can help make a wise decision.
Therefore, the above tips are effective for the students for choosing the best accommodation.