Kuantan, Malaysia’s ninth largest city, is the capital of Pahang. It is a popular getaway choice as there are so many things to do as well as see in Kuantan. If planning a trip to Kuantan, you would, of course, look forward to having the best possible experience for your vacation. It would help if you plan your itinerary and know which are the best places to visit before you go. It will also help if you know the suitable lodging option and hotel in Kuantan. You will come across both budget options as well as luxury resorts here in Kuantan. Garden Beach Resort Kuantan is popular among tourists because of its location, excellent services, and latest amenities.
One can reach Kuantan by flying into or driving the East Coast Expressway from Kuala Lumpur or take a cruise to Kuantan Port. it is easy to explore the city on foot and take taxis and buses for longer trips. Kuantan is blessed with cultural attractions and coastal towns and great beaches. There are a vast collection of museums, revered mosques, waterfront parks and Malaysian restaurants to explore.
- Start your trip with Sultan Abu Bakar museum that showcases a collection of artifacts. Have a look at the pictures of Sultan, his wedding, and family. Thee artifacts of OrangAsli, the tribal people, belonging to Pahang are also displayed here.
- Catch the Rainbow Waterfall at Sungai Lembing. Actually, the rainbow you see is a reflection of the rainbow itself against a hidden waterfall. This is a mesmerizing phenomenon that takes place every day. However, you are likely to miss the rainbow during the rainy season.
- Visit the Keropok Lekor Factory. Keropok is a kind of cracker which is loved by the locals of Kuantan, and its main ingredient is fish. The dish can be steamed or fried and is enjoyed with chili sauce. Understand how this cuisine is prepared during your trip to the Keropok Lekor Factory.
- Live in a Japanese Cabin or Shipping Container, which is indeed a unique accommodation. The T-Box wooden house looks like a Japanese tatami and offers the latest amenities such as heating, TV, bathtub, and AC.
- Participate in a nighttime adventure and take a boat to watch the fireflies. The captain of the boat, Hafiz, is an expert of fireflies will explain to you the reason behind the distinctive behavior of the fireflies. Identify the different kinds of fireflies with the help of him and get the experience of a lifetime.
- Get up early to catch the sunrise at Bukit Panorama. A tourist hotspot, it worth the hike and a favorite place to catch the sunrise. Once you reach the top, you will get a panoramic view of the hills and a thick fog of clouds. The whole scene looks like a beautiful painting.
- Explore the Teluk Chempedak beach which is about 5 kilometers from Kuantan. The beautiful beach located near the Royal Pahang Golf Club. Here you will see a row of pine trees and breathtaking white sandy beach that are sure to mesmerize you. There is an atmosphere of peace and serenity on the beach.
- Check out a quaint café, the Coastal Store which is relatively unknown. Once you step in, you would feel as if you you’ve stepped into the 1970s. You will find numerous books, cassettes, and vinyl records and other retro junkies in the store. Find a record, whether it’s jazz, indie, rock or pop, that suits your preferences.
- Sungai Pandan Waterfall is another popular spot for many. Located at a distance of about 25 km from the center, the locals and tourists come here for recreational activities as well as picnics. Enjoy the serenity of the surroundings and the beauty of this cascading waterfall.