It is of little need for me to elucidate on the importance of water for our daily living any further than what readers are already expected to know. Biologists claim that almost 70% of the human body comprises of nothing else but water. This tasteless, colorless, and the most commonly seen liquid does not only serve to quench our thirst but also performs a variety of other essential functions in the human body. Human beings require water for maintaining the regular and consistent rate of their metabolic activities. People would also not mind if they get a bucket of lukewarm water to bathe and refresh themselves.
However, for water to perform all its functions properly, as required by our body, it is of primary concern for us to ensure that the water we drink and use is purified enough to be considered safe for us.
What is Water Purification?
Water purification is the process by which unwanted, unnecessary, and sometimes even harmful substances are eliminated and removed from the water that we are going to use.
Such substances may include chemical toxins, hazardous metal particles, suspended solids, harmful gases, biological matter like various microorganisms and other such contaminants.
To remove such substances, we need the help of some specific water purifiers.
About Water Purifiers
Since our childhood days, our mothers and grandmothers have used to boil drinking water to purify it and to ensure that it is safe for us to drink.
However, the scenario has changed now. The act of boiling water no longer ensures that the drinking water that we shall drink would be free from all germs and harmful elements.
Therefore, various types of water purifiers with advanced and scientific methods of water purification have been introduced in the market today. They are also available at reasonable prices. You would only need to check the types to decide which one you want to use for your household or your place of work, according to your specific needs.
Types of Modern Water Purifiers
Nowadays, scientifically advanced water purifiers have evolved. Among them, the most efficient ones are the UV water purifier and the RO water purifier. Some even modern purifiers use both the RO and UV methods of water purification together, for even better results. They are called the RO-UV water purifiers.
How Do Modern Water Purifiers Work?
All modern water purifiers implement and incorporate various scientific methods and advanced techniques for their respective processes of water purification. However, it is the mechanism that differs and categorizes the different water purifiers into specific types. Let us go through the following points to have a better understanding of the differences between the several mechanisms and working procedures of each and every kind of water purifiers.
- RO water purifiers are electronic water purifying machines that make use of a scientific process called Reverse Osmosis (RO) to purify the water
- RO water purifiers use a semi-permeable membrane to remove the various impurities and suspended particles from the water that we drink
- The RO water purifiers contain an in-built water storage system where the purified water is stored after all the contaminants are removed from it
- UV water purifiers, on the other hand, use ultraviolet rays to kill germs, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms that might be present in the water
- UV water purifiers are free from chemicals. These purifiers do not have any adverse side-effects
- UV water purifiers do not possess any mechanism for removing the microorganisms and bacteria from the water after having killed them. These water purifiers do not contain any in-built water storage capacity
- The price of an RO water purifier is greater than the price of a UV water purifier. While UV water purifiers are budget-friendly, RO water purifiers are worth the price buyers pay to purchase it, since they are more efficient for the water purification procedure
- The RO-UV water purifiers incorporate both the Reverse Osmosis process of removing contaminants from drinking water using a semi-permeable membrane and also the technique of killing bacteria and microorganisms using ultraviolet radiation. These are the most advanced type of water purifiers
- With the latest RO-UV water purifiers, the limitation of UV water purifiers of not being able to get rid of the dead microorganisms and bacteria from the otherwise purified water is solved and the efficiency of the Reverse Osmosis technique of RO water purifiers is also increased, being doubled with the incorporation of the ultraviolet radiation technique to kill biological contaminants in the drinking water rather than just removing suspended impurities using a semi-permeable membrane
For the question that the title of this article suggests, if it is essential to choose the best water purifier for our daily lifestyle, the only answer is YES. Drinking and using purified water for various purposes like cooking must be our main priority. Water-borne diseases are caused because of impure, contaminated water. Such conditions can pose fatal threats to our health. Water purification is not an option that you may or may not choose to implement in your household. If you want to enjoy a healthy lifestyle, choosing the best water purifier according to your need must be your most important decision and action.