Home décor is a visual journey through your life. It projects the image you want people to see. The lovely décor is an extension of your style. Decorating your home is a gradual process and it becomes easier if you have a goal in mind. A clear vision of the result is a perfect way to start. It helps you build your ideal home one decorative piece at a time. You can get the help of professionals and create something quirky. You can create the same impact if you work on it by yourself as well. Use decorative lights, faux flowers, rugs, and carpets are some of the things that can be used to spruce up a place.
Take a quick look at some tricks that will help you style your home.
- Research – Go through magazines, websites, social media, and scout different sources to absorb ideas. You may not want to go for the exact layout and design but you can get ideas on how to match colours, designs, textures. You can visit local markets and shops nearby to look at indigenous items that can be incorporated into your home décor.
- Style – Pick a style you are aiming for before you start decorating. Buying items that you can incorporate into your style can is important. The style of the home can be decided on the size and shape of rooms. The architectural style of the house influences the style of the home decor greatly.
- Space –The amount of space greatly dictates the style of furniture and décor. Optimum utilization of the space you have is essential. You should pinpoint the major furniture pieces and work around them. The bigger furniture pieces like beds and sofas should be bought first as they are generally the focal points.
- Layers – Layered lights, textures, and colours can give depth to the room. Jute cushion covers designs can be paired with a woolen throw on the sofa or a cotton sofa cover. Creating layers of lighting can make the room look bigger and give a creative effect. Creating layers of patterns can make the space look chic. You can use alternate patterns and that way space looks less overwhelming.
- Timeless pieces – While picking out furniture pieces ask yourself if your choice is something you see yourself with, for the next at least 5 years. Investing in furniture that you will be happy with is crucial. It does not do to dwell on trends only. You should also be comfortable with your décor for few years to come as renovation and refurbishment isn’t a frequent activity.
- Less is more – A minimalistic approach never goes out of style and emphasizes the things you do wish to display. An accent wall, a pop of colour with cushions, a potted plant to add a dose of greenery are all great ways to break the monotony. Displaying oversized artwork or a chunky throw, or large floor cushions is also a great way to up your style quotient.
- Unconventional décor – The ongoing trend of utilizing daily things to make quirky furniture is adorable and looks funky. Lamps of bottles, seashell wind chimes, and other pieces like these.
Make your space your own elegantly!